WHY DOES THE VINARMOUR BAG APPEARANCE CHANGE OVER TIME?
Waxed cotton is a durable and natural product that will develop a highly desirable patina with age and use. Shortly after its first use, creases, scuffs and beauty marks develop that will naturally add to the character of the bag rather than making it look dirty. It will age with you and your journeys and eventually become a canvas for your life of wine travel.
If you wish to restore a “factory finish” to your Carrier, this is simple to do by using a hairdryer on the waxed canvas, which will soften the wax and restore the original luster of the fabric. For further care instructions, see HOW DO I CLEAN MY VINARMOUR CARRIER below.
HOW DO I CLEAN MY VINARMOUR CARRIER?
- Keep your carrier leak proof by periodic conditioning of the gasket on the closure ring. Over long periods of time this can become dry and cracked, which could allow liquids to leak out if the bottle breaks. Use any liquid O-ring silicone lubricant. After wiping dirt off with a lightly damp towel, simply pour a of couple drops on a cotton swab and rub onto the soft rubber gasket ridge just inside the closure ring.
- To care for your leather straps, carry belt and shoulder harness, we went directly to Skip Horween, the 4th generation president of the famed Chicago tannery, to ask his advice for Vinarmour owners. “The thing about the Horween Chromexcel® leather is that it can take a lot of abuse…but just keep it clean by occasionally wiping it with a damp cloth and applying a small amount of Tanner’s Blend Leather Cleaner and Conditioner — don’t overdo it, a little goes a long way.” This will help prevent drying, cracking, and warping that can occur when leather is neglected. Alternatively, while traveling, very small scratches can be buffed out using a soft, dry cloth.
- Proper care of the Halley Stevensons® waxed cotton exterior will ensure the longevity of this unique high-performance fabric. It is made by weaving 2-ply cotton into a twill which is then treated with a proprietary blend of oils and waxes which not only protect the fabric itself over time, but also adds a final leak-resistant layer to the Vinarmour Carrier. First, clean the fabric itself by gently removing dirt with a cold, damp sponge. Do not use soap. Let dry. Use Halley Stevensons® Wax, applying SPARINGLY to surface and working in with a dry clean cloth, paying close attention to creases, seams, and dry patches. Do not over wax. Using a hairdryer, massage treated surface with the waxing cloth. You may see a video of this process from Halley Stevensons here.
- FOR A FACTORY FINISHED LOOK: The waxed cotton exterior develops a unique patina with use, adding character and a refined heritage look with age. This unique property is, however, reversible if you prefer to have more of a “factory-finished” look to your Vinarmour Carrier. Simply take a hairdryer and evenly warm the exterior of the bag. Before your eyes the texture and color of the bag will begin to smooth out, restoring its original appearance.
- AFTER TRANSPORTING CHILLED WINE: This can create condensation on the interior of the carrier, which may cause odors or mold build up. After use, immediately wipe dry the inside of the carrier with a paper towel and leave closure cap off to air dry.
- CLOSURE CAP MAINTENANCE: The closure cap was engineered to require minimal effort to close yet at the same time ensure a water-tight seal. With time and use the closure may become “sticky”, requiring more effort to close. This is easily remedied by putting a couple of drops liquid silicone lubricant (we recommend 303® AEROSPACE PROTECTANT) on a cotton swab and lightly apply to the rubber gasket located within the outer edge of the Carrier opening.
DOES YOUR CASE WORK FOR ALL WINE AND SPIRIT BOTTLES?
The Carrier will accommodate all major 750ml wine bottle sizes including:
- California Cab
- Small Champagne
Please note that there are some Champagne producers that have bottles slightly larger than the common 3.4″ diameter and these may not fit into the Vinarmour carrier. One of our engineering goals was to design a carrier as small as possible to be portable and convenient for travel, knowing that there would be some bottle limitations.
The recent popularity of craft spirits has brought with it a myriad of new bottle shapes and sizes. The Vinarmour carrier can accommodate many of these. As a general rule, the spirit bottle cannot be wider than a typical Champagne bottle (3.4″) or longer than a Riesling bottle (13.0”).
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY BOTTLE BREAKS; CAN I GET A REFUND?
No, however you may be eligible for a replacement bag free of charge (shipping excluded) by submitting documentation and a request here.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY – WINE CARRIER
We at Vinarmour understand that you may want to bring your wine anywhere on the globe, and if your bag breaks down or fails, we will do our best to get you back traveling with your favorite bottle soon. The Vinarmour Carrier has been rigorously tested (like, among other things, in a cement mixer) and we stand behind the quality of our work. If a problem occurs with this Carrier and the problem is caused by manufacturing defects in material and/or workmanship, Vinarmour will, in its discretion, either fix or replace the Carrier in accordance with the warranty terms and conditions stated herein. The warranty provided here applies only to and extends for the lifetime of the first purchaser or gift recipient of your Vinarmour Carrier. However, there are a few situations that are not covered under our guarantee. These include animal damage, chemical damage, damage caused by mishandling via airline or third-party companies, extreme wear, third-party alterations and customer alterations, or using the item for use other than its intended purpose. Additionally, this warranty covers only manufacturing defects and does not cover any other items damaged by bottle breakage or leaking of fluids. Our guarantee applies to all Vinarmour items purchased through an authorized Vinarmour retailer. Please note, every item is subject to evaluation by our Repairs Team. Please submit a request a warranty form here and we will email you a Repair/Replace Request form with a case number and instructions on how to send your product to our Repair Center. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
TWO GENERATION WARRANTY – CARRIER TOTE
When we say our products our heirloom quality, we mean it. The warranty provided here applies only to and extends for the lifetime of the first purchaser, or gift recipient, as well as the lifetime of the immediate offspring of the first purchaser or first gift recipient of the Vinarmour Carrier Tote. However, there are a few situations that are not covered under our guarantee. these include animal damage, chemical damage, damage caused by mishandling via airline or third-party companies, extreme wear, third-party alterations and customer alterations, or using the item for use other than its intended purpose. Additionally, this warranty covers only manufacturing defects and does not cover any other items damaged by bottle breakage or leaking of fluids. Our guarantee applies to all Vinarmour Carrier Totes purchased through an authorized Vinarmour retailer. Please note, every item is subject to evaluation by our Repairs Team. Please submit a request a warranty form here and we will email you a Repair/Replace Request form with a case number and instructions on how to send your product to our Repair Center. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
THE CAP HAS BECOME MORE DIFFICULT TO TIGHTEN OVER TIME
Many waterproof gaskets can dry out over time and become “sticky”. To restore luberosity to the gasket, simply apply a thin layer of liquid silicone lubricant with a Q-tip to the gasket. We recommend using 303 Protectant. Also effective is Super Lube.
THE RUBBER GASKET CAME OFF THE CLOSURE
All gaskets wear down over time, and the Vinarmour closure gasket was designed to be easily removed and replaced, but occasionally it may become loose and separate. It is an easy fix.
The Gasket will look like this:
You will notice 2 our 3 areas where the factory adhesive was.
You will also notice the corresponding areas of the closure ring where remnants of the adhesive was:
With a fingernail, gently scrape/remove any remnants of the adhesive.
Before re-cementing the gasket back on, first check the alignment and fit, as you will want to adhere the gasket back into its original position. Match the surfaces of the old adhesive to one another and index the gasket into position. You will see that the gasket should easily become locked into position:
The gasket should align perfectly flush within the closure ring. Make sure you can repeat this step easily and swiftly before proceeding on to gluing:
Next, with the gasket removed, apply a small drop or two of superglue (the gel type works best as it doesn’t run) over the old spots of adhesive on the closure ring itself:
Insert/index the gasket back into position and wipe away any excess glue. Take the cap and screw it down once, remove it, and inspect for any excess glue, and immediately remove with a paper towel. Then, screw back on the cap and leave for 15 minutes and then remove. Your Carrier is back up and running!
HOW DO I FOLD MY WINE CARRIER COMPACT FOR TRAVEL?
For a quick demonstration of the proper folding technique, watch the video here.
RETURN AND EXCHANGE POLICY
WHAT IS YOUR RETURN/REFUND POLICY?
Vinarmour™ offers returns for items purchased only through the official Vinarmour.com website. For products purchased from a Vinarmour authorized retailer, their return and exchange policy applies–please contact the retailer directly.
Vinarmour™ offers free returns for a full refund within 30 days of your purchase, provided it has not been used or customized, and is still in its original packaging with tag(s) still attached. If not purchased on our website, please contact the retailer directly. All returns must be requested within 30 days of purchase via our returns page in order to be approved. Once approved, we will provide you with a prepaid shipping label.
For exchanges, please return your item(s) for a full refund and replace an order on Vinarmour.com for the correct item.
Any shipping costs from the original order as well as any additional return shipping costs are non-refundable. However, we will pay for the shipping if you are returning for a full refund within 30 days of purchase on our website.
Refunds will be issued to the original form of payment, and we cannot process a refund without original payment information.
Vinarmour cannot be held responsible for packages that are delivered to the wrong address, lost or stolen in transit or otherwise delayed by third-party shipping companies.
Warranty exchanges must be requested here.
CAN I EXCHANGE FOR A DIFFERENT COLOR?
Items purchased through the Vinarmour.com website may be eligible for return/exchange provided that they have not been used and are returned with the original packaging including any tag(s) attached. If item was purchased through an authorized Vinarmour retailer, then contact the retailer directly exchange policies may differ among retailers.
For exchanges, please return your item(s) for a full refund by submitting a request and then replace an order on Vinarmour.com for the correct item. A prepaid shipping label will be provided for the return.
DOES VINARMOUR PRICE MATCH OTHER RETAILERS?
The Vinarmour.com online store does not price match any retailers or vendors.
HOW LONG WILL A CREDIT TAKE TO APPEAR ON MY BILLING STATEMENT?
Please allow 15 days for your request to be processed, and your bank or credit card institution may take an additional 7 business days to acknowledge the credit after we process the refund.
CAN I PLACE AN ORDER OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES?
Unfortunately, we currently only ship to locations in North America (USA and Canada).
CAN I CHECK IF MY ORDER HAS BEEN SHIPPED?
Once your order has been scheduled for shipment, you will receive an email with your tracking number.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR MY ORDER TO ARRIVE?
Please allow up to 2 business days for your order to process. Depending on your location and shipping options, shipping times range from 2 – 10 additional business days. You will receive an email confirmation when your order has been received as well as another email confirmation when your order has been shipped.