TECH SPECS + CARE
The exterior shell of the Viniarmour Wine carrier is composed of a waxed cotton twill, made by Halley Stevensons Baltic Mill in Dundee, Scotland. For over 150 years Halley Stevensons has been a global leader and innovator in waxed cotton, specializing in the manufacture of weather resistant apparel and luggage fabrics. Their 18oz. waxed cotton twill has a time- tested track record of use in garments and travel bags around the world and was the obvious choice for our exterior shell. For more information about their world-renowned textiles, click here to visit the official Halley Stevensons website.
The leather is The Horween Leather Company®, and there is a reason why they still continue to produce their Chromexcel® line of leather–it lasts, and it looks better the longer you use it. The tanning process goes through at least 89 different processes over 28 days using using a bark retannage along with a blend of natural oils and greases. The end product is a leather that has unmatched durability and gorgeous esthetics. For more information about this legendary leather, click here to visit the the Horween Chromexcel website.
Vinarmour’s™ patented inner technology offers more protection for your bottle than any other wine travel bag:
• IMPACT PROTECTION: Poron XRD® foam absorbs 90% of impact energy, and is the ultimate fabric for preventing bottles from breaking.
• PUNCTURE AND PERFORATION: Dyneema® Composite fabric offers an unmatched strength to weight ratio, is 15x stronger than steel, and Kevlar® is best known for its use in ballistic body armor. Combined, these two materials offer unsurpassed protection from broken bottle glass.
• LEAKAGE AND SPILLS: TPU, known for making the most durable and high-quality water bladders, prevents leaks and spills and is protected from puncture by the surrounding Dyneema and Kevlar.
• THERMAL PROTECTION: Our proprietary 3-ply laminate with recycled fleece is heat resistant and thermally insulative. Independent studies at North Carolina State University show that the Vinarmour Carrier keeps bottles 30% cooler than standard neoprene insulating totes, keeping your chilled wine cool for transport and helps prevent delicate wines from baking in the summer heat.
- Unfolded Product Dimensions: 14” x 4.6” x 4.6”
- Folded Product Dimensions: 5” x 6.5” x 4.25”
CARE + MAINTENANCE
F0r a detailed description, read more in the FAQ “HOW DO I CLEAN MY VINARMOUR CARRIER?” here.
VINAMOUR IN DIFFERENT ENVIRONMENTS
Waxed cotton is unique in that in warmer environments it becomes a more supple and breathable fabric, whereas in colder conditions it becomes more rigid and waterproof. This is due to the unique protective oils and waxes within the material. In hot conditions (inside of a car in sunlight, summer weather, etc…)be mindful not to place your Vinarmour products against other materials (clothing, carseats) as these oils and waxes may get on and blemish them. If traveling to hot climates with the Vinarmour carrier within your luggage, consider putting a plastic bag over the carrier to protect surrounding garments.